I am providing:
(1) Concentration on additional support for the NHS during the Coronavirus Pandemic.
(2) Face to face appointments for all illnesses in the private sector: acutely unwell children can be seen at Chase Lodge Hospital
Please note the Hospitals at St John and Elizabeth, Clementine Churchill Hospital or TrustPlus does not allow children with acute respiratory illness to be brought to an outpatient setting
(3) I am offering testing for acute and previous COVID-19
(4) HOME VISITS in some circumstances
(5) Telephone/Video consultation/Telemedical consultation and advice on health concerns in the Private as well as NHS sector
(6) Reduction of costs for telephone advice during first wave of COVID-19 outbreak
(7) Provision of free telephone advice for healthcare workers at London Northwick during first wave of COVID-19 outbreak
(8) Immunisations for all routine and additional vaccinations in the private sector
(9) Maintain routine appointments for health issues not related to COVID-19
What I cannot provide:
Unfortunately I cannot provide free private healthcare at present:
I have considered carefully how to provide the most effective care for children during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Most of us working in the NHS have put in a lot of extra hours and days of work during all ‘waves of COVID-19 and are expected to provide an even better service in the ‘recovery phase’. I continue to offer extra support for the NHS at present as we are now seeing the ‘fall out’ from the pandemic.
Until now there has been very little provision in the private healthcare for children to deal with the illnesses caused by COVID-19. It is still my belief that currently the best available care for children in the UK with acute COVID-19 illnesses is through the NHS. For ‘after effects’ including Long-Covid private care can offer help.
I remain concerned about the reduced number of face to face appointments for unwell children in GP practices. Therefore, I will continue to see children outside the NHS face to face at Chase Lodge Hospital or arrange home visits if feasible.
I am getting calls, text, WhatsApp messages and emails for additional advice 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. This is completely understandable, and I will do my best to support this as much as I can.
It is, however, no longer possible to provide additional free service in the private sector. I have introduced more telephone clinics but will charge for advice given in the private sector outside the above arrangements.
Please book any of the private services offered as required and according to my availability.